Today I thought it would be fun to discuss one of my fave subjects: traveling. I love doing it, it’s one of the perks of my job, I simply can’t get enough. You might call it an obsession or addiction, but whatever it is – I’m fine with it. It’s the best! When I’m home for a few weeks straight it usually starts to itch again. That’s sort of the case right now as well, hence this post. I arrived back in Amsterdam on December 2nd, almost a month ago, and I can’t wait to head out and explore the world again. I have a bunch of trips coming up, so I’ll definitely get my fix, but I also have another bunch I’d love to go to at some point (this year?). I really needed this time in Amsterdam to get back on track with everything personally and professionally: catching up with friends and family, doing a lot of prep work for my blog. And now I’m ready to roll and venture out. Hopefully to some of these places soon, my travel wishlist for 2016:
- Japan. It’s been topping my list for years now, can’t wait to finally visit this place. Ralph has been there a few times and is obsessed. He really wants to show me the country, but we didn’t get to that up until now. Who knows what will change this year! Preferably during the cherry blossom season of course, have you guys ever been?
- New Zealand. Another country, so, so far away. But it doesn’t really feel like that since I have a lot of family living there. So I’m sure I’ll feel right at home. Supposedly the most beautiful country in the world, can’t wait to finally go and see it myself.
- Mexico. Ok this one probably shouldn’t be in this list, not because I don’t want to go, but because I’m actually going in a few weeks! I’m so freaking excited, can’t even explain what this prospect does to me. My sister’s boyfriend is from there, as well as one of my best friends, and I’ve heard almost nothing but good. We’ll be having a beach holiday, doing a whole lot of nothing.
- Maledives. Yes, obvious one, I know, but definitely on my list so I figured I should mention it. Paradise on earth aka the perfect honeymoon destination (and we still have to go so who knows). I do think it’s as pretty out there as it looks, but I won’t know until I see it myself so I think that’s a good enough reason to go, no?
- Portugal. After only mentioning destinations that are quite far away, I did want to include a European one as well. Confession: I’ve never been to Portugal before, ever. And I think that’s a shame, from what I’ve heard it’s super beautiful and quite affordable. Perfect combo for a weekend trip!
So what’s on your list? And have you ever been to any of the above? Let me know if you have tips or recommendations!