Tomorrow it’s Thanksgiving here. My very first one, so to say, and we’re spending it the all-American way with Ralph’s friend from back in the day and his parents in New Jersey. I wanted to take a moment here, since we don’t really celebrate in Europe, to say what I’m thankful for right this second. Because I think it’s important to take a moment and think about that every once in a while, not just on special occasions! I’m thankful to be:
- Healthy. Nothing counts if you don’t have the good health to enjoy whatever you’re doing.
- Happy. I love what I do, where I am and and who I’m with.
- With Ralph. He’s the love of my life, my rock (as corny as it may sound). He lifts me up when I’m down, and puts me on my place when I need it and my thoughts run all over the place. My one stable factor in my life, I couldn’t live without him.
- From a big family. As you guys might know, I’m the oldest of eight kids and blessed with 5 younger sisters and two brothers. Kinda looking forward to seeing them next week for Sinterklaas (Dutch festivity)!
- Part of a great support system. Wherever I go, no matter how often I leave, or how busy I am, I have those friends who will be there for me every step of the way. And the other way around. I couldn’t do what I do without them (you know who you are).
- Connecting with you guys. Same goed for you guys, the people who keep on coming back to my blog and support me. Couldn’t thank you enough for all the love!
- In New York. I’ve dreamed about it since I was a little girl, and slowly my dreams seem to be coming true.
- Doing what I love. Not everyone has the luxury to do what they love and make a living out of that. I’ve worked hard to get where I am today, and still have a long way to go, but I’m so lucky.
- Traveling everywhere. Because of my job, or Ralph’s touring schedule, either way we’ve seen a lot of places and I’m thankful for that. The first trip of the new year is going to Mexico and I couldn’t be more excited.
- Wear beautiful clothing. One of the upsides of what I do is that I get to work with amazing brands and they send me the most beautiful clothing. I wouldn’t be able to afford to buy all that I receive, so I guess it’s one of the big advantages of being a fashion blogger. So spoiled!
- Here for Black Friday. Ok this is even more superficial than the last one, but I love being here for the biggest sale of the year. One of my fave partners Shopbop already is giving AMAZING discounts: up to 25% off everything* using GOBIG15 at check-out.
What are you thankful for? Would love to hear!